1. Initiation, formulation and implementation of physical planning, Urban Development and Urban renewal policies and programmes
2. Preparation of Regional, Master, Model City Plans, Action and Development plans for Excised Villages
3. Granting of approval and Monitoring of Layouts and Development Schemes for both Government and Private Estates.
4. Evaluation, Relocation and Regularisation of Urban based Developments and Activities-
Filling Stations, Banks, Eateries, Markets, Institutions and Informal Sectors
6. Electronic Document Management and Geographic Information System (EDEMS & GIS)
7. Site selection for Government Agencies and other Institutions
5. Supervision of • Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority
• Lagos State Building Control Agency
• Lagos State Urban Renewal Agency
8. Inter- agency linkages
OVERVIEW OF THE MINISTRY’S ACTIVITIES
1. Preparation and Review of various development plans: Lekki, Badagry, Alimosho, Lagos Mainland Central, Agege, Apapa, Lagos Island West, Issa Williams.
2. Urban Regeneration: Freedom Park, Tejuosho Market, Isale Gangan, Resettlement of Saw Millers from Oko-Baba to Agbowa-Ikosi, Relocation of Computer Village Ikeja to Katangowa, Relocation of Mile 12 Market to Parafa Ikorodu, Ijora Oloye, Redevelopment of LASURA premises.
3. Establishment and Recovery of Right of Way alignment for existing and proposed roads such as Lekki – Epe Expressway Expansion Project, Lot 2A Lagos – Badagry 10 lane Expansion and Light rail Project, Lagos Coastal Road, Mile 12-Ikorodu Road BRT Expansion Project and the 4th Mainland Bridge.
4. Site selection for various uses such as street lighting at Obalende Bus Terminus, Educational & Spiritual Youth Empowerment Centre and granting Planning Information in respect of proposed development
5. Granting approval of private layouts/estate developers’ schemes, such as Layout for Ologolo Village excision, Good Head Projects Ltd. along Eleko/Folu Road, Akodo and preparation of development guide plans for excised villages.
6. Development of e–planning process and archival system.
7. Processing, Granting and Gazetting of Development Permits.
8. Development control, monitoring and auditing of physical developments;
9. Identification, Removal and Publication of distressed buildings.
|DEPARTMENTS, AGENCIES AND UNITS
The Ministry supervises three (3) Agencies namely:
• Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority (LASPPPA)
• Lagos State Urban Renewal Authority (LASURA)
• Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA)
1. Development Matters
2. Regional and Master Plan
3. Physical Planning
4. Urban Development.
5. Technical Services
6. Administration and Human Resources
8. Lagos State Planning Information Centre
11. Budget & Planning
12. Public Affairs
|Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development Block
15 Lagos State Secretariat Alausa, Ikeja
Hotline: 08099992653, website: www.lagosstate.gov.ng