I. Initiation, Formulation, execution, monitoring and evaluation of policies relating to Physical Planning and Development.
II. Preparation and monitoring of development schemesApproval and monitoring of Layout and Private Estate Developments.
III. Preparation and approval of the following hierarchies of Physical Development Plans:(a) Regional Plans(b) Sub-regional Plans( c) District Plans(d) Model City Plans(e) Urban/Town Plans( f) Urban Regeneration Plans(g) Development Guide Plans(h) Local/Rural Plans including layouts and;(i) Subdivision Plans
IV. Development Control and removal of illegal structure
V. Site selection for Government schemes
VI. Creation and Administration of database for Physical Planning, Urban Development, Urban Regeneration, Building Construction and Control in the State.VII. Provision of technical assistance to all Government Ministries and Agencies on matters relating to Physical Planning, , Urban Development, Urban Regeneration and Building Control
VIII. Advisory service on State development projects/programmes with socio- economic and environmental impact.
IX.Determination of locations for urban furniture, infrastructural facilities and centres of economic activities in the State.
X. Supervision of; (a) Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority(LASPPPA) (b) Lagos State Building Control Agency(LASBCA) ( c) Lagos State Urban Renewal Agency (LASURA) (d) Lagos State Materials Testing Laboratory(LSMTL) (e) Lagos State Planning and Environmental Management Agency(LASPEMA)
XI. Monitoring of Local Planning Authority and District OfficesSitting, Planning and monitoring of informal sector and Cemetery
OVERVIEW OF THE MINISTRY’S ACTIVITIES
1. Preparation and Review of various development plans: Lekki, Badagry, Alimosho, Lagos Mainland Central, Agege, Apapa, Lagos Island West, Issa Williams.
2. Urban Regeneration: Freedom Park, Tejuosho Market, Isale Gangan, Resettlement of Saw Millers from Oko-Baba to Agbowa-Ikosi, Relocation of Computer Village Ikeja to Katangowa, Relocation of Mile 12 Market to Parafa Ikorodu, Ijora Oloye, Redevelopment of LASURA premises.
3. Establishment and Recovery of Right of Way alignment for existing and proposed roads such as Lekki – Epe Expressway Expansion Project, Lot 2A Lagos – Badagry 10 lane Expansion and Light rail Project, Lagos Coastal Road, Mile 12-Ikorodu Road BRT Expansion Project and the 4th Mainland Bridge.
4. Site selection for various uses such as street lighting at Obalende Bus Terminus, Educational & Spiritual Youth Empowerment Centre and granting Planning Information in respect of proposed development
5. Granting approval of private layouts/estate developers’ schemes, such as Layout for Ologolo Village excision, Good Head Projects Ltd. along Eleko/Folu Road, Akodo and preparation of development guide plans for excised villages.
6. Development of e–planning process and archival system.
7. Processing, Granting and Gazetting of Development Permits.
8. Development control, monitoring and auditing of physical developments;
9. Identification, Removal and Publication of distressed buildings.
|DEPARTMENTS, AGENCIES AND UNITSThe Ministry supervises three (4) Agencies namely:• Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority (LASPPPA)
• Lagos State Urban Renewal Authority (LASURA)
• Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA)
•Lagos State Planning and Environmental Monitoring Authority ( LASPEMA)
1. Development Matters
2. Regional and Master Plan
3. Physical Planning
4. Urban Development.
5. Technical Services
6. Administration and Human Resources
8. Lagos State Planning Information Centre
11. Budget & Planning
12. Public Affairs
|Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development Block15 Lagos State Secretariat Alausa, IkejaHotline: 08099992653, website: www.lagosstate.gov.ng/ mppud.lagosstate.gov.ng
email: [email protected]
Home / Responsibilities: Ministry of Physical Planning & Urban Development